The RN – BSN dual-admission program at Owens Community College and The University of Toledo is the first of its kind in northwest Ohio. You’ll earn an associate degree in applied science in nursing from Owens Community College, followed by a bachelor of science in nursing from UToledo. Once you’ve completed your associate degree at Owens and obtain RN licensure, you’ll move seamlessly into nursing courses in UToledo’s RN – BSN program, with no additional admission fee.
- The RN – BSN program is completed online through UToledo’s Competency-Based Education
Program, which provides flexibility to pursue your BSN at your own pace
- Advisors from both institutions will work with you to make sure you’re on track and taking the proper courses to achieve your goals.
- Discover how achievable a BSN can be through the Owens Community College and The University of Toledo dual-admission program.
As you work toward your associate degree at Owens, you’ll have access to the same benefits offered to all UToledo students, including:
- Ability to take electives and general education courses
- Free admission to all UToledo athletic home games
Curriculum & Transfer Credits
Download the RN to BSN Flyer for curriculum and transfer credit information.
How to get started
- Apply to Owens
- Be accepted into the Owens RN program
- Complete Owens RN program and transfer to UToledo
If you are a current Owens student
Please notify your Owens advisor at (567) 661-2387 of your intention to participate. You will need to
fill out an application to UToledo once you are accepted into the Owens RN program.