School of Business
Business Management Technology, Associate of Applied Science
Owens Community College's Business Management Technology program will prepare you for entry into a corporate management-training program, mid-level management positions and/or operation of your own business. This specialized program is tailored to working professionals looking to acquire the skills and knowledge to advance in today's working environment. You can attend classes one night per week and earn your degree in a convenient setting. One of the unique benefits of this program is that the majority of the classes are offered one at a time, allowing you to focus completely on the subject matter. You will be a part of a learning community where you can learn along with your peers and have access to mentors to assist you with courses, if needed. Owens will arrange many of the typical services for you - saving you valuable time.
Semester 1 - Fall 2012 (13 credits)
- Weeks 1-4 BUS 101 - Contemporary Business Credits: 3
- Weeks 5-8 SOC 101 - Sociology Credits: 3
- Weeks 9-12 MTH 125 - Modern Business Math Credits: 3
- Weeks 13-16 IST 131 - Computer Concepts and Apps Credits: 4
Semester 2 - Spring 2013 (15 credits)
- Weeks 1-4 BUS 120 - Principles of Management Credits: 3
- Weeks 5-8 ECO 201 - Microeconomics (T 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.) Credits: 3
- Weeks 9-12 ACC 101 - Introductory Financial Accounting Credits: 3
- Weeks 13-16 SPE 100 - Intro to Human Communication Credits: 3
Online Course (16-week session) ENG 111 - Composition I Credits: 3
Semester 3 - Summer 2013 (6 credits)
- Weeks 1-4 MKT 101 - Marketing Credits: 3
- Weeks 5-8 IST 235 - Spreadsheet Applications - Excel Credits: 3
Semester 4 - Fall 2013 (15 credits)
- Weeks 1-4 ACC 102 - Introductory Managerial Accounting Credits: 3
- Weeks 5-8 BUS 200 - The Legal Environment of Business Credits: 3
- Weeks 9-12 BUS 205 - Human Resource Management Credits: 3
- Weeks 13-16 BUS 260 - International Business Credits: 3
Online Course (16-week session) ENG 112 - Composition II Credits: 3
Semester 5 - Spring 2014 (12 credits)
- Weeks 1-4 MTH 213 - Introductory Statistics Credits: 3
- Weeks 5-8 ENG 120 - Business Communications Credits: 3
- Weeks 9-12 FIN 201 - Principles of Finance Credits: 3
- Weeks 13-16 BUS 296 - Business Management Capstone Credits: 3
- Students with a degree in Business Management will be prepared for careers as human resource management, office management, branch management, head of a department, manager trainee of a large business or manager of a
Special Admissions Requirements
- Be a working professional, 25-years-old or older.
- Complete the COMPASS placement exam and place into the required courses.
- Complete an application.
- Provide a signature of commitment to the cohort.
- Submit an official high school, home school, GED and/or college transcript prior to enrollment.
- The Andersons Scholarship
- Owens Community College Bookstore Scholarship
Transfer Options/Articulation Agreements
- Ashland University
- Bluffton University
- Bowling Green State University
- Defiance College
- Eastern Michigan University
- Franklin University
- Heidelberg University
- Lourdes University
- University of Findlay
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs