Baking & Pastry Certificate
- Students will demonstrate fundamental food production principles necessary to meet the demands of the professional kitchen.
- Students will apply fundamentals of baking science to the preparation of a variety of products.
- Students will develop skills in more advanced decorating techniques and more complex preparations of pastry, confections and dessert products.
- Students will promote and demonstrate safe and sanitary food handling practices as stipulated in local, state and federal laws.
- Students will develop an understanding of the hospitality industry and career opportunities in the field.
Students will describe the role of business integrity and ethics within the hospitality industry.