Expanded Functions Dental Auxiliary Certificate (EFDA)
Selective Admission Requirements
- All candidates MUST be a Certified Dental Assistant, Registered Dental Hygienist or Foreign Trained Dentist and show proof of current credentials.
- The program accepts 15 students once each year. Applicants who do not meet admission requirements or who have applied after the program selection is completed must request re-evaluation for admission to the program after completion of requirements.
- All students must receive a grade of “C” or higher in each EFDA course with the exception of Dental Anatomy, which requires an 85% or better to remain in the program. Students who receive a “D” or lower in an EFDA course may be readmitted only one time on a space available basis.
- Students must be at least 18 years old to enter the program.
Non-Academic Readmission Policy
Students who leave the program for other than academic reasons (“D” or “F” in an EFDA course) may request readmission and be readmitted providing there is course seat availability. The Department Chair must be notified in writing of the student’s intention to return to the program at least four months prior to the start of the semester.
Academic Readmission Policy
A student requesting readmission after dismissal for academic reasons (“D” or “F” in an EFDA course) must complete the following before being considered:
- Contact an Advisor who will assist in development of a written academic plan to resolve the academic problems.
- The following requirements must be included in the academic plan for readmission:
- Written notification to the Department Chair of the student’s intention to return to the program at least four months prior to the start of the semester.
- A 2.0 overall GPA.
- May be required to pass a clinic proficiency examination to demonstrate previously acquired skills.