Hospitality Management Program
- Demonstrate safe and sanitary food handling practices as stipulated in local, state and federal laws.
- Identify local, state and federal laws pertaining to the purchase and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Identify basic nutrition concepts and describe the nutritional concerns of professional foodservice operations.
- Demonstrate food service cost control techniques and procedures.
- Receive and store fresh, frozen, refrigerated and staple goods. Describe the importance of receiving and inspecting product as it enters the facility.
- Demonstrate the general rules of table settings and service.
- Demonstrate knife skills, hand tool and equipment operation, emphasizing proper safety techniques.
- Demonstrate fundamental food production principles necessary to meet the demands of the professional kitchen.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills necessary to manage a professional kitchen.