Massage Therapy Certificate
View required courses in our online catalog.
Selective Admission Criteria - Certificate Program
Special Admission Requirements
- All applicants must be 18 years of age and a complete file that includes, an application, high school/GED transcript, college transcript, any developmental courses completed and an Owens Community College cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- The program accepts students twice each year. However, completed applications are evaluated bi-monthly. Applicants who do not meet admission requirements or who have applied after the program selection is completed must request re-evaluation for admission to the program after completion of the requirements.
- All students must receive a grade of "B" or higher in each Massage Therapy course. Student who receives a "C" or lower in a Massage Therapy course may be readmitted only one time on a space available basis.
- Students must be at least 18 years old to enter the program.
Non-Academic Readmission Policy
Students who leave the program for other than academic reasons ("D" or "F" in a Massage Therapy course) may request readmission and be readmitted provided there is course seat availability. The Department Chair must be notified in writing of the student's intention to return to the program at least four months prior to the start of the semester.
Academic Readmission Policy
A student requesting readmission after dismissal for academic reasons ("D" or "F" in a Massage Therapy course) must complete the following before being considered:
- Contact an advisor who will assist in development of a written academic plan to resolve the academic problems.
- The following requirements must be included in the academic plan for readmission:
- Written notification to the Department Chair of the student's intention to return to the program at least four months prior to the start of the semester.
- A 2.0 overall GPA.
- May be required to pass a clinic proficiency examination to demonstrate previously acquired skills.
Massage Therapy students learn and practice skills in the on-campus Massage Therapy Clinic. On-going recruitment of clients for the clinic is necessary for each student to meet his/her program requirements. Students will be expected to recruit clients in addition to the client that seeks routine care in the clinic.
Graduates may pursue a bachelor degree at Bowling Green State University. Meet with an Enrollment Representative or the Program Chair for more information.