Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program
The objectives of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program reflect the philosophy of the College and the program. They are designed to guide the content of the curriculum to ensure that the essential educational outcomes and the needs of the health care community are met. Much content is included in the curriculum for each of the following objectives. Outcomes are progressed and reinforced through clinical education experiences.
- Students will provide PTA entry level treatment competently and safely.
- Students will complete pertinent written communication.
- Students will demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Students will obtain accurate information through data collection that is within the scope of practice of the physical therapist assistant.
- Students will provide patient care in an ethical and legal manner.
- Students will implement clinical reasoning for optimal patient care.