Registered Nursing Program and LPN-RN Program
Registered Nursing Program Outcomes
- NCLEX results for first time test takers will be at the national mean.
- Students enrolled in NRS 122 will graduate in six (6) semesters at a 70% completion rate, and students enrolled in NRS 124 will graduate in five (5) semesters at a 70% completion rate.
- Within one year of graduation, 85% of graduates seeking employment as registered nurses are employed.
- One year after graduation, 85% of graduates responding will evaluate themselves as adequately prepared for an entry level nursing position.
- Employers responding to the employer survey will report satisfactory graduate performance 85% of the time.
Registered Nursing Student Learning Outcomes
- Establish a caring, therapeutic relationship, within a culturally diverse population.
- Utilize the nursing process and evidence based practice to make valid clinical judgments and manage care in a collaborative effort with health team members.
- Provide a supportive and protective nursing environment, by consistently demonstrating nursing practice that reduces patient safety risk.
- Use patterns of knowing; personal, empirical, ethical, and aesthetic, to promote health education and management.
- Incorporate communication skills when collaborating with the patient, family members, and other health team members.
- Apply principles of teaching and learning in the delivery of care.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for professional self-growth and for the growth of the nursing profession through mentoring of other nurses.
- Use various health information systems and current technology to manage patient care.