What are Weekend Classes?
Weekend Classes are an opportunity for students to take one course, several courses or complete an entire Associate Degree on the weekend. For students who are working Monday - Friday, this option may be for you! Weekend classes are offered beginning at 5:00 PM on Friday evening and continue throughout the weekend until 10:00 PM on Sunday evening. There are 7 week, 8 week, 10 week and 14 week classes offered. A Weekend Classes Coordinator is available to assist students during the time that they are on campus. Classes are offered on both the Toledo and Findlay Campuses.
Why Weekend Classes?
- It fits your busy lifestyle
- It's focused on your career advancement
- It's flexible and affordable
Degrees Offered via Weekend Classes
Associate of Arts
Associate of Applied Business, Business Management
Associate of Science
Finding Available Weekend College Courses
To search for Weekend courses that will be offered in upcoming semesters and to determine seat availability, go to the Owens Community College online Class Schedule located at https://www.owens.edu/class_search.php.
- Select "Advanced Search" at the bottom of the page
- Select the desired "Semester" from the pull-down menu
- Select "Campus" from the pull-down menu
- In the "Session" menu select "Weekend" from the pull-down menu
- In the "Sort by" menu select "Start Time", if desired
- Click the "Search" button at the bottom of the page
If you feel that Weekend Classes are right for you, contact the Office of Enrollment Services on the Toledo Campus at (567) 661-7777 or 1-800 GO OWENS, ext. 7777 to get your questions answered and to complete the first step of the admissions process. You will also need to complete the following before you can register for classes:
- Complete a Free Application and Return it to the Records Office. You can also complete an application on line at www.owens.edu. The following documents and test scores may also be required for admission:
- High School Transcript or GED certificate
- Other transcripts (college, military, LPN, A.I.B, ect.)
- ACT/SAT scores (required for Health Technology)
- Placement Test
- Take the Compass Placement test at College Hall Room 130 on The Toledo Campus.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to Review your test results or prior college coursework and get help selecting classes and setting up your OZONE account to web register.
- Set-up your campus OZONE account. Go to www.owens.edu and click on "OZONE." Follow the instructions to set-up your personal account, which includes a free email account.
- Register for classes. Registration is available online. You can also register on-campus at the Records Office if necessary. View the Records Office webpage for more information.