German is spoken by nearly 100 million people worldwide, including 2 million people in the United States and Canada. Besides Germany, it's also spoken by people living in Austria, Switzerland and more than a dozen other countries throughout Europe and Latin America.
In the U.S., the top 50 German companies such as BMW, BASF, Siemens, T-Mobile and ThyssenKrupp annually account for approximately 700,000 jobs nationally. Some top German-speaking jobs are in Ohio. Knowing German gives applicants the edge because employers consider German speakers as bridges to customers.
Top 10 Reasons to Learn German at Owens:
- Make yourself more marketable to employers!
- Get in touch with your roots.
- Chat with others in German.
- Participate in Oktoberfest event.
- Learn German once and speak it when traveling abroad.
- Have fun in and out of class.
- Study abroad through a partnership with BGSU.
- Earn a Language Certificate of Completion.
- Fulfill your language requirements.
- Spend less money for German classes compared to 4-year universities.