Thank you for your interest in the Dental Assisting certificate!
This program has additional admission requirements. A complete file is needed before acceptance can occur.
If you wish to apply to this program, the following are required for admission:
- Student must be 18 years old
- Completed Admissions application to the college
- Completed placement testing
- Completed Dental Assisting application (paper application)
- Completed Health Requirements. This includes a completed Medical History and Physical Examination
- Students must be college-ready in reading, or have completed their developmental reading course prior to admission
- Must hold a current certification in Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Must have a cumulative 2.0 in past course work (at Owens, other college(s), or high school course work)
It is recommended the student complete HIT 125 (Language of Medicine) prior to the first DAS course
Students must attend a mandatory program orientation prior to class registration
Preferred deadline dates:
- June 15 for Fall
- October 1 for Spring