Thank you for your interest in the Medical Assisting Certificate! This program has selective admission requirements. A complete file is needed before an evaluation can occur. You can track your file completion under “My Required Documents” in your Ozone account.
If you wish to apply to this program, the following are required for admission:
All high school level course requirements must be at least one high school credit. All science courses must contain a lab section.
The following are required for a complete file:
- Completed Admissions application
- Official college transcripts (from other colleges)
- Grade of C or better in high school chemistry
- Students must be college-ready in reading or have completed their developmental reading course prior to program admission
- Must have a cumulative 2.0 in past course work (at Owens, other college(s), or high school course work)
June 15 for Fall start*
* deadline date may be extended if seats remain available.
The Medical Assisting Certificate on the Toledo and Findlay campus of Owens Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (www.caahep.org) upon recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).