Occupational Therapy Assisting Program
Thank you for your interest in the Occupational Therapy Assistant program! This program has selective admission requirements. A complete file is needed before an evaluation can occur. You can track your file completion under “My Required Documents” in your Ozone account.
If you wish to be evaluated for a selective health program, you must complete the “Request for Health Evaluation” in your Ozone account. If you were previously evaluated and denied, you must complete a new evaluation request. Results of the evaluation will be sent to your Omail account about 1-2 weeks from the complete file deadline date.
The number of days that applicants have to respond to the email regarding their selective admissions status and accept or decline their seat is 7 days for all programs. Applicants are able to select a seat in only one program, but accept an unlimited amount of seats as an alternate in other programs.
All high school level course requirements must be at least one high school credit. All science courses must contain a lab section.
The following are required for a complete file:
- Completed Admissions application
- Official copy of HS or GED transcript
- Official college transcripts (from other colleges)
- Evidence of HS biology or anatomy with a C or better (or course equivalent to BIO 211/BIO 212)
- Evidence of HS chemistry course (or higher) OR PHY 115 with a C or better
- ACT or SAT scores
- Completion of the TEAS test (first attempt only of the most recent version)
- January 15, 2018 for Fall 2018
The Occupational Therapy Assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449. ACOTE’s telephone number, c/o AOTA, is 301-652-2682 and its web address is www.acoteonline.org.