Student at computer, students walking outside with family, student in class

(567) 661-7412

Send Me Info button

Adult Students

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How can I afford to go to college?

Money is always a concern. Owens has one of the lowest tuitions of any college or university in Northwest Ohio. Plus, financial aid, deferred payment plans, and numerous scholarships are available to help fund your education. Your employer may even offer tuition reimbursement or other benefits to assist you. For financial aid questions, call (567) 661-7378 or make an appointment with the Oserve office for assistance in completing FAFSA.

Q: How long does it take to earn a degree or certificate?

This will depend on how many courses you take in a semester. Owens offers three (3) semesters per calendar year. Typically, a certificate could take one (1) year to complete, while an Associate Degree may take two (2) or more years to complete. Courses completed at an accredited college may be transferred to Owens with a review of an official transcript from that college.

Q: Are there students like me at Owens?

The average age of students at Owens is 27 and a large percentage is over age 25. Most adult students excel in the classroom because they are focused and motivated to perform well. They bring knowledge and life experience to student interactions that benefit all.

Q: How can I find time for school with work and family responsibilities?

Our flexible scheduling allows you to take day, night, weekend and online classes. Some degree programs can be completed entirely online. A majority of Owens students attend part time for their varied personal reasons.

Q: Do I need a high school diploma or GED completed before I begin?

To qualify for financial aid, a completed high school or GED transcript must be received by Owens. If you need to complete your GED, our Adult Basic and Literacy Education (ABLE) program can help at no cost to you. Call (567) 661-2708.

Q: Are there entrance requirements?

Owens has an open enrollment policy allowing any student to attend, regardless of prior academic performance or current skill level. Specific programs within the School of Nursing and Health Professions require selective admissions for acceptance into clinical coursework.

Q: What services are available for my special needs?

All students have access to a variety of assistance and support services, such as academic advising, testing services, library services, campus computer labs, and disability services to name a few.

Q: How do I get started?

The first step is to complete an online Application for Admission. It's free! If you need personal assistance, contact Gary at (567) 661-7412 or email

Visit Campus pictureOnline Classes picture