The Career Journey
If you need further assistance, our Career/Undecided Advisors are here to help you find the ideal career.
- BECOME AWARE AND COMMITTED
- Look around - what opportunities are and will be available.
- Start today with the right attitude -
Self-confidence: "I can do it"
Perseverance: "It can be done!"
Desire: "I'm going to do it!"
- STUDY YOUR ENVIRONMENT
- If you are here to stay - don't go into a field that will be long gone when you graduate.
- If you plan to move - better check it out.
- UTILIZE RESOURCES TO GATHER INFORMATION
- OCIS, O*NET, FOCUS
- Career Links
- Social Media
- GENERATE CAREER ALTERNATIVES BY STUDYING YOURSELF
- Who are you and why should I hire you?
- Research yourself - what are your interests, values, and skills?
- DECISION MAKING- IT'S YOUR CHOICE
- Review all of your alternatives.
- What do you want to happen?
- What choices have you made?
- IMPLEMENT THE DECISION BY GOAL SETTING
- If you don't know where you are going it doesn't matter which way you go.
- Society is changing so quickly these days, you couldn't stay wrong if you tried.