Office Disaster Plan
Tips for Disaster Situations
- Become informed about the type of natural and man-made disasters that could impact your business.
- Appoint a crisis manager; make sure employees have that person's contact information.
- Implement an emergency planning and crisis management team. The team will be responsible for creating and implementing a plan.
- Plan to coordinate with other businesses in your building or complex - work together on evacuation routes to avoid congestion.
- Create and communicate an evacuation plan and warning system to employees.
- Create a shelter-in-place plan.
- Talk to co-workers about what supplies they should store at the office and what supplies the company will provide in case everyone is forced to remain on site.
- Back up important records including a copy of insurance policies, bank account records, and computer records - store them in safe places both onsite and offsite.
- Create a plan in case accounting and payroll records are destroyed.
- Create a list of employee contact information and emergency contact information.
- Plan a back up office location in case your offices are destroyed.
- Review the plan annually and update accordingly.