Information for Students

Counseling Services is available to assist you in resolving personal difficulties to help promote both personal and academic development.

If you are experiencing thoughts to harm yourself or others or are concerned for the safety of others please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at (567) 661-7575 .

Find our hours, location and contact information here.

All students currently enrolled in six or more credit hours are eligible for Counseling Services. There is no charge for Counseling Services.

Student can contact Counseling Services directly at (567) 661-2107 to schedule an appointment or in person during walk-in hours (Fall & Spring Semesters only). Students may also contact Counseling Services for consultation as needed regarding personal concerns or for concerns regarding peers.

Electronic service options are available to student unable to present in the Counseling Services office due to distance, scheduling conflicts, or family and work responsibilities.

Emergency and Crisis Contacts:

Lucas County - Rescue Mental Health Services (419) 255-9585

Wood County - The Link (419) 352-1545

Hancock County - Century Health (888) 936-7116

National Sexual Assault Hotline - (800) 656- HOPE (4673)

National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255)

Students, Faculty, Staff, and other members of the campus community are encouraged to report situations that may be in conflict with established standards of behaviors as outlined in the Student Code of Conduct (which can be found here:, or if members of the campus community are exhibiting concerning behavior that may result in harmful, threatening, or disruptive conduct by using the Incident Reporting Form found at:

Online Mental Health Screening and Resources:

For Veterans: Make the Connection

Guide to College Student Mental Health

National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255)

Preventing Sexual Assault on Campus

Screening for Mental Health, Inc.

Virtual Pamphlet Collection (University of Chicago)

Access and information regarding community resources (i.e. housing, financial assistance, treatment):

United Way logos     United Way logos

*Advising vs. Counseling Services
Please see an advisor if you need help with course planning, recommendation, and selection, checking progress towards graduation, or transferring to another school.