Enhanced Facilities Cleaning
College team members are cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, classrooms, and labs overnight, in addition to sanitizing tables and other high touchpoints such as door handles, restroom fixtures, thermostats, etc. overnight. During normal operating hours, staff members are sanitizing restroom touch points, doorknobs, drinking fountains, and flat surfaces in public areas, on a regular basis.
Implemented Protective Measures
- Meetings will be conducted virtually to the greatest extent possible.
- Consideration will be made to increasing physical space between employees and students.
- Plexiglass shields have been placed in many student and visitor facing areas.
- Placement of tape or floor decals on floors denoting the 6-feet spacing guidelines.
- Visible signs encouraging hand hygiene at the entrances and workplace areas.
- Signage posted in facilities indicating entry points and one-way walkways.
- All employees, students, guests and vendors required to wear a mask at all times, except when alone in a private office.
- Installation of Dyson AirBlade hand dryers in most campus. Dyson hand dryers have double sealed HEPA filters, trapping 99.97% of restroom bacteria and are touch free, eliminating potential to spread germs.
- Installation of arm-pulls on restrooms doors that do not have accessible operator for exiting the restroom without having to touch door handles. Installation is expected to be completed by September 2020.
- Classroom modification to ensure 6 feet between work areas.
- Oxivir disinfectant and paper towels for use as needed.
- 150 additional wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispensers installed around campus.
- Over 100 plastic shields have been installed at counters and other areas with a high volume of walk-up traffic.
- Creation of a new email address: COVID19@owens.edu to centralize questions, information sharing and health related updates for any COVID 19 matter. This account is monitored and responded to by staff from the College to ensure timely reply and action.
- Distribution of over 600 Owens-branded masks to faculty, staff and students.
- Widespread placement of signage at entry points to campus buildings, offices and common spaces indicating building requirements for masks, social distancing, hand washing and respiratory hygiene.
- Development of individual health and safety plans for each office space.
- Continued practice of meeting virtually when possible for campus business, prohibition of non-essential work related travel, and a limit of 15 individuals for any College-sponsored events.
- All current water bottle fill stations are open and operating on both campuses. The College has ordered 11 additional bottle fill stations and are installing them in the following buildings: CFPA, CEP, Welding Design Center, Founders Hall, Heritage Hall, Bicentennial Hall, Health Technologies, Administration Hall, Math Science, Veterans Hall and the Findlay Community Education Center. The College expects to have them all installed by December 1.
- The bipolar ionization air filtration project is complete and operational in Health Technologies and Bicentennial Hall. The equipment is installed in almost all of AVCC, Library, Math/Science, CFPA, Heritage, and College Hall and should be operational by the end of November.
- College Hall will be open both Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. throughout the Fall semester. Students can access study lounges and tap in to campus wifi to engage in learning. Our Toledo-area Campus library is also open on Saturdays for students, which is another great place to study and access technology. Visit the library website for hours and services.
Visit our FAQs for more information.
Mental health is just as important as physical health. Fortunately, there are lots of things you can do to monitor your own mental health and to help others who may need some extra support and care. Visit the Counseling Services page for more information.
All campus health and safety measures remain in effect during all campus open hours, so masks and physical distancing are required and frequent hand washing is encouraged.