- As much as possible, employees will, with the approval of their supervisors, balance working from College locations and continuing to work from home.
- Employees should not use others’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
- Employees should limit mid-day off-campus lunches, shopping, or meetings to the greatest extent possible in order to reduce potential exposure.
- Large work-related meetings or gatherings will be cancelled, adjusted, or postponed.
- When videoconferencing or teleconferencing is not possible, meetings should be held in open, well-ventilated spaces with no more than 15 people, or 50% of room capacity, present. Masks are required.
General Covid Information
- The College is suspending all College-related travel until further notice (except for that which is approved by a Vice President and is necessary for academic learning to continue to take place, i.e. travel to clinic settings).
- Employees who have symptoms (i.e., fever , cough, or shortness of breath – as presently defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) must notify their supervisor and stay at home.
- Employees who are ill must follow CDC-recommended steps and must not return to work until the criteria to discontinue home isolation as set forth on the CDC website are met >>.
- One mask for each employee is available at the Department of Public Safety on both the Toledo-area and Findlay-area Campuses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Owens offer Mental Health Support for faculty and staff?
What should I do while I wait for my test results?
Has the College made arrangements for a COVID-19 testing option for students and employees?
Who pays for COVID-19 testing? Is there an out-of-pocket cost?
Where can I get a COVID-19 test?
How can I get a COVID-19 test?
How will we ensure that air quality is safe in campus spaces?
What are the state guidelines on travel outside of Ohio?
What other office protocols should be followed?
Will physical distancing be required in classrooms and other instructional areas?
Am I required to wear a mask in class?
Will signage be provided?
Can I have a mixed schedule of remote and on-campus work?
My supervisor told me I am required to come to campus to work. What if I'm not comfortable coming to campus?
How do I determine when my staff/team need to return to campus?
Will the College be removing furniture to ensure social distancing?
How do I get cleaning supplies for my classroom or office?
When should I isolate or quarantine?
What should I do if I'm not feeling well?
Can I enter my classrooms early or stay in it after class?
Will there be notification if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 on campus?
Is Owens monitoring employee/students' temperatures each day?
What is the difference between isolation and quarantine?
What if I have a question or concern that is not listed here?
How will students and staff be notified if a change to campus operations is needed?