To receive classroom interpreting or TypeWell services, students must also:
For Interpreting Requests outside of regularly scheduled classroom times:
- Be on time for classes. Interpreters/transcriptionists will wait 15 minutes before leaving the classroom if student is not present.
- If a student misses three consecutive classes without informing DS, the interpreter may receive another assignment. A meeting may be requested by a staff member in DS to discuss the student's situation.
- Report all schedule changes or cancellations to DS in a timely manner in order for interpreter and transcriptionist assignments to be adjusted.
- If interpreter/transcriptionist is absent, student should notify DS immediately at (567) 661-7007 or via email at email@example.com. Emergency contacts and numbers will be provided to students for those situations when the DS office is closed.
- Complete an Interpreter Request form (pdf) and return it to DS at least 3 days prior to the event. These requests can include meetings with faculty, tutoring sessions, field trips, and other campus related activities.