Alive Text to Speech
Deaf/Hard of Hearing
Ohio Association of the Deaf (OAD)
- Advocacy organization for people who are Deaf, hard of hearing, or deaf-blind
Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
Ohio Chapter of Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (OCRID)
- Follow the link on the map for NW Ohio events & activities.
Northwest Ohio Community Center for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing
(Web site under construction)
- Voice: (419) 475-2920
- TTY: (419) 475-2921
- Fax: (419) 472-8251
Sight Center of NW Ohio
- 1002 Garden Lake Parkway, Toledo, OH 43614
- Phone: (419) 720-3937 or 800-624-8378
American Council of the Blind of Ohio
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Click on Bulletin Board Index for lists by county
- "Education, advocacy, and support for persons with brain disorders (mental illness) and their families"
Brain Injury Association of Ohio
- Christine Veronie, Community Support Network Coordinator, NW OH
- Phone: (419) 380-5110
- Counties: Defiance, Fulton, Hancock, Henry, Lucas, Paulding, Williams, Wood
NW OH Area Office on Aging
- Counties: Defiance, Erie, Fulton, Henry, Lucas, Ottawa, Paulding, Sandusky, Williams, Wood
PSA3 Agency on Aging, Inc.
- Counties: Allen, Auglaize, Hancock, Hardin, Mercer, Putnam, Van Wert
Ohio Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- (For a list of counties in addition to those named above)
Ohio Legal Rights Service (OLRS)
- "[A]n independent state agency and the federally and state designated Protection and Advocacy system and Client Assistance Program for children and adults with disabilities in the State of Ohio"
The Ability Center of Greater Toledo (ACT)
Assistance Dogs of America, Inc.
Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST)
- A non-profit organization that uses technology to expand opportunities for all people, including those with disabilities.
- The WebABLE site goal is to stimulate education, research, and development of technologies that will ensure accessibility for people with disabilities to advanced information systems and emerging technologies.
World Wide Web Consortium
- Develops interoperable technologies (specifications, software, and tools) to lead the Web to its full potential as a forum for information, commerce, communication, and collective understanding.
General Disability Information
“All Ways Welcome”
Association on Higher Education and Disability
Children & Adults with Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
LD on line