The Office of Student Development
Frequently Asked Questions - Findlay-area Campus
Frequently Asked Questions main page
- If I am a student on the Owens Findlay-area campus, can I take classes on the Owens Toledo-area campus? Yes. You are an Owens student so you can take classes on the Toledo-area campus and use any of the resources (library, recreation center, etc.) on that campus. Just show your Owens student ID.
- I've heard that Owens is building a new Findlay-area campus. When will it be open and where will it be located? Phase I of the new Owens Findlay-area campus will open in fall 2005 and is located on the corners of Bright Road, County Road 212, and Crystal Avenue in Findlay. A webcam has been set up so you can view the progress.
- Is there an Owens shuttle bus service for students between the Findlay-area and Toledo-area campus? No. Not at this time.
- Will the new Owens Findlay-area campus offer the same health technology programs as the Toledo-area campus? Currently, the Registered Nursing (RN) degree, LPN to RN degree, and the Practical Nursing Certificate are the only health technology programs which can be completed entirely on the present and future Owens Findlay-area campus.
- How long is the wait for clinicals in the health programs on the Findlay Campus? Some of the health technology programs have waiting lists while others do not. Also, the amount of time for each waiting list varies. For the most current information, contact a Student Development advisor by calling (567) 429-3509.
- I'm not sure which Owens campus I want to attend yet. Can I apply to both? Yes. Owens has one application for both campuses. The same placement test is also given at both campuses, and some students do take classes on both campuses during the same semester. You should visit the campuses to help decide which fits you better, keeping in mind that not all programs are offered on the Findlay-area campus.
- If I attend Owens, can I live on the Findlay campus? No. Owens Community College does not currently own or manage any residence halls. For students attending Owens Findlay-area or Toledo-area campus from out of town, there are apartments in the area that students can rent.
Contact us with more questions.