Student in the Library, Graduating Students, Students in the Classroom

The Office of Student Development

Frequently Asked Questions - Skilled Trades & Transportation

Frequently Asked Questions main page

Skilled Trades

  1. What does Open Entry Open Exit (OEOE) mean? It means that there is no one time that you would meet with a class. You will complete the required work on a self-paced basis at our CDT building on Tracey Road.
  2. Do I have to be a Journeyman to enter the construction trades major? Yes. Only students who are journeymen can take this major. For more information, contact the Workforce and Community Services Division.

Transportation Technologies

  1. Why am I unable to register for classes marked ASSET, ASEP, ect.? These particular classes are for program students only. Owens has programs in conjunction with specific dealerships. Students must be accepted into these programs and cannot register for classes marked for these programs unless they have been accepted.

Contact us with more questions.

Visit Campus pictureOnline Classes picture