Student outside College Hall, Student on his laptop, Pile of books

Steps to Transfer into Owens

  • Visit Admissions
    Meet with a representative that will answer your questions, explain admissions requirements and provide an abbreviated tour. Stop by anytime or call:
               Toledo-area Campus: (567) 661-7777 or 1-800 GO OWENS ext. 7777
               Findlay-area Campus: (567) 429-3509 or 1-800-GO-OWENS ext. 3509
  • Apply for Admission
    Complete your online Admissions Application. It's free! The following documents and test scores may be required for admission. An Admissions Representative will inform you which ones are necessary:
    • High School Transcript or GED
    • College Grade Transcripts*
    • Other Transcripts (LPN, A.I.B., Military, etc.)
    • ACT/SAT scores
    • Post-Secondary Options
    • Placement Test
      *Transfer In students need College transcripts prior to registering.
  • Take the COMPASS Placement test at the Testing Center (College Hall 130)
    Transfer in students should see an advisor prior to taking the COMPASS placement test. It may not be necessary to take the placement test depending on which classes have transferred in from another college or university.
  • Apply for Financial Aid and scholarships
    Applying for financial aid and scholarships is a separate process that should be started as soon as possible. Assistance is available in completing the financial aid form (FAFSA). For additional information visit Oserve or call:
    • Toledo-area Campus - (567) 661-7378 (SERV) or 1-800-GO-OWENS, Ext 7378
    • Findlay-area Campus - (567) 661-7378 (SERV) or 1-800-GO-OWENS, Ext 7378
  • Meet with an Academic Advisor
    At the Admissions office, you will meet one-on-one with an academic advisor. Selection of courses for your major as well as days and times will be determined. An advisor can provide academic assistance and help you plan your semester schedule of classes. If you're considering transferring to another college, you should consult an advisor to develop a personal transfer plan. You also will be introduced to Transferology (formerly

    Admissions offers walk-in services on the Toledo-area Campus and both appointment and walk-in services on the Findlay-area Campus.
               Toledo-area Campus: (567) 661-7777 or 1-800 GO OWENS ext. 7777
               Findlay-area Campus: (567) 429-3509 or 1-800-GO-OWENS ext. 3509
  • Set up your Ozone account
    Go to Ozone. Follow the instructions to set up your personal account, which includes a free e-mail account. Your personal financial aid information, class schedule and unofficial transcript are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
  • Register for classes
    You can register through your Ozone account or you can turn in your registration form to the Records office, located at Oserve (College Hall 152 on the Toledo campus) to reserve your classes. Here you can also have your photo taken for your Owens Express Card student ID.
  • Pay your tuition and fees
    A variety of payment options are offered to you, including our deferred payment plan that allows you to make installment payments. Visit the Bursar's office on either campus. You can also pay your tuition and fees online though Ozone.

Visit Campus pictureOnline Classes picture