Student Health and Activities Center (SHAC)
Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Fall and Spring Hours
Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The SHAC is closed when the College is closed. Please see the academic calendar for dates that the College will be closed.
Hours may be adjusted to accommodate special events.
Owens Faculty, Staff & Students: Free
Owens Alumni: Free with purchase of an Alumni Association membership, which is $20 per year
Full-time employee Family Pass: Free
Spouse and children ages 9-22
A parent must accompany children ages 9-17
SHAC Faculty/Staff Locker Room Usage Procedure:
Lockers are available to Faculty and Staff for use on a daily basis unless you have applied for and purchased a rental locker for the school year.
If you are interested in renting a locker in the Faculty/Staff locker room for the school year, please see the SHAC Locker Rental Form (pdf) as well as the SHAC Locker Rental Renewal (pdf) Form for detailed instructions.
Once you have filled out the form, please return it to SHAC 161 with your payment.
About the SHAC
Students, Owens Alumni Association Members, Staff and Faculty are all welcome to utilize the state-of-the-art Student Health and Activities Center (SHAC). Guests are also welcome when accompanied by a member. Guest pass fee is $5.00. The "SHAC" features:
- aerobic studios
- weightlifting areas
- student gym and indoor running/walking track
- three multipurpose basketball courts
- open atmosphere food court
- performance court for Express basketball and volleyball games
With advanced equipment and various aerobic classes such as Pilates, Kickboxing and Step, you're bound to release a few endorphins to keep your mind and body in top shape.
- The fitness area offers the latest in cardiovascular and machine strength equipment.
- The free weight room allows for some serious iron-pumping sessions.
- The aerobics studio features a cushioned wood floor, sound system, hand weights and more for HPE classes.
- The Owens Student Media Center – OutComm, resides in SHAC 156, housing the Owens Outlook digital newspaper, the OutReach social media staff, and the OutCast – OCCR, Owens Community College Radio staff and studios.