Fitness Center Age Limit
No one under the age of 9 is allowed into the fitness center, even if they are accompanied by an adult.
Weight Machine Restrictions
No one under the age of 16 is allowed on any of the weight and strength training equipment. They have access to the cardio equipment and other amenities only.
Lockers are available for use on a DAILY basis. Locks left on overnight are subject to be removed. Owens is not responsible for any items in unsecured lockers.
Please be respectful of the following regulations:
- Only use the equipment for its intended use.
- Dunking or hanging from the basketball rims or nets is prohibited.
- Shoes and shirts are required at all times.
- Clean athletic shoes are required for exercise use.
- Do not smoke, drink, or eat in the facility. However, water is permitted.
- Vulgar language is not permitted.
- Limit time on the cardiovascular equipment to 30 minutes.
- Do not spit in the facility, including water fountains.
- Personal items such as bags, clothing, etc. should be placed in a locker or in a bench cubbyhole. Do not place personal items on the gym floor or track.
- Be considerate of others using equipment and try not to alter their efforts.
- All weight room policies must be strictly observed and followed.
- Any individual that discriminates against another person will be immediately removed from the facility. They will not be permitted to return until all parties have met with the SHAC supervisor.
Members who violate any of the above regulations are subject to the following consequences:
- 1st Offense - Verbal Warning
- 2nd Offense - Meeting with SHAC Supervisor
- 3rd Offense - Expulsion from SHAC for one month or the rest of the semester, whichever is longer.
USE OF ANOTHER STUDENT'S OWENS ID TO GAIN ENTRANCE INTO THE SHAC IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. VIOLATION OF THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC EXPULSION FROM THE SHAC FOR THE REST OF THE SEMESTER.
The SHAC Supervisor reserves the right to permanently remove an individual from the facility if he/she believes the violation warrants such action.