- Log into Ozone.
- Click Menuin the upper left corner, then select Discover.
Click Discover More button at the bottom of your dashboard.
- Search for email.
- The Quick Links card should display in the results.
- Click on Student Email.
- Click Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
- Select Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the settings screen, click Forwarding and POP/IMAP at the top of the page.
- Select Add a forwarding address and type your Owens faculty email address in the blank area: email@example.com.
- Select the option to keep Omail+ Mail's copy in the inbox.
- At the bottom of the screen, click the button to Save Changes.
Any email sent to your student email address will now be automatically forwarded to your Owens Outlook e-mail account. It will also keep a copy of the same message in your Omail+ account.
If you are a faculty/staff member your email account will be: firstname.lastname@example.org. This account can be accessed using the desktop Outlook email client or Employee Email Web Access from the Ozone.
If you are a student as well, your email address would be: email@example.com. The student account is also accessed from the Ozone portal, but by clicking on Student Email.
Your Student E-mail Address is your Owens firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also see what your e-mail address is through your OMail+ interface. It is located in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
The majority of students will not need these settings to set up Omail+ on a mobile device. Our student e-mail (Omail+) is through Google, so it is a Gmail account. To add it to your mobile device, download the Gmail application and fill in the required information.
If you are unable to use the Gmail application to set up your Omail+, here are the settings that Google suggests:
- Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
- On your phone, press Home, then open the Email application.
- On the Your accounts page, select Next to get started with setup.
- Enter your full Omail+ address and password, then select Next.
- On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Done.
Verify your settings from the Inbox view by tapping < Menu > > Account settings.
- Incoming settings
- IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
- Port: 993
- Security type: SSL (always)
- Outgoing settings
- SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 465
- Security type: SSL (always)
If you have problems connecting to your student email (Safari Errors)
Some issues have been reported when users only have the Safari browser installed.
- If you are trying to set up your gmail and get a error mentioning Safari, You will need to download the Google Chrome browser App (if not already installed)
- Add/sign into your student email account using the Chrome browser.
- Once you’re able to access your OMail using Chrome your account should appear the next time you open the GMail app.
If you are unable to use the Gmail application on your Apple iPhone to set up your Omail+, go to:
- Settings/Accounts & Passwords
- Add Account
- Select Google
- Type in your Omail address: email@example.com and click <Next>
- Enter your Username/Password at the Owens CAS portal, and click <Submit>
- Click <Save>
- Your Omail account should now be setup and accessible using the default email app on the iPhone.
This usually happens when a student looks for a professor’s name in the Omail+ address book and multiple entries appear for the same individual. They may inadvertently select the faculty member's student address (firstname.lastname@example.org) instead of the employee address (email@example.com).
Faculty members may want to setup a Forwarding Rule in Omail so that any messages sent to their student/alumni email account are automatically forwarded to their employee email.
- Click Sign in on the Google Website.
- Enter your FULL email address in the Email field.
- Leave the Password field blank.
- Click Sign in.
- It may ask you to click Sign in again.
- If you are not already logged into Ozone, you will be redirected to the Owens login page. Here you will type in your Owens Username (ex. your_name) and your Owens password. Click Login.
- At the Google website, click Mail at the top of the page.
Your OMail+ has an "Undo Send feature" which gives you a 10-second window to "undo" sending an outgoing email. To set up simply click on the Settings button (looks like a gear) in the top right of your Omail+ screen, click on Settings, and under General there is a section titled Undo Send where you can change your undo settings.
- From the Home screen, open Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option.
- Under Accounts, tap on Add Account...
- Select Gmail.
- Use your Owens email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password and tap Next.
- Choose your preferences and tap Save.