This is only to be used on personally owned devices! Owens managed systems have this installed with Office.
Follow these steps to get Skype for Business installed on your personal computer:
- Log in to ozone from the Owens homepage and click on the link for Employee Email.
- Log in with your Owens credentials when prompted.
- Click on your user icon in the upper right hand corner, it has either your initials or your user avatar picture.
- Select My account in the drop down menu.
- Click Apps & Devices, on the menu to the left.
- Leave the default options selected under the Skype for Business App.
- Click Install Skype. Follow the prompt to start the installation.
- Select Yes when asked "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" or provide the password if prompted for software installs on your computer.
- Status windows indicate that office is downloading and installing. This is only installing Skype for Business, even though the screens reference Office.
- Click Close on the confirmation that Office is installed.
- There will now be an icon for Skype for Business in your start menu to launch it.
- Sign in using your Owens e-mail address and click the Sign in button.
- When prompted, enter your Owens password.
- Click Sign in.
To share your computer screen in Skype for Business:
- Log into Skype for Business.
Note: If you don’t have Skype for Business installed on your computer, check out the How do I install Skype for Business on my personal computer?
- Start an instant message (IM) with the person you would like to share your screen with.
- Click the Present button at the bottom of the Skype for Business conversation window.
- Select Present Desktop… from the drop down menu.
- Click Present.
Note: if you have multiple screens, it will prompt you to choose which scree to present.
- Click OK.
- Your screen is now shared.
To stop sharing your screen:
- Click Stop Presenting on the tool bar at the top of your computer screen.
For the Skype for Business Quick Start Guide on looking up contacts and Instant Messaging, please view the Skype for Business Quick Start Guide for Contacts, Presence, and IM.
For the Skype for Business Meetings Quick Start Guide, please view the Skype for Business Quick Start Guide for Meetings.
For the Skype for Business Quick Start Guide on sharing and collaboration, please view the Skype for Business Quick Start Guide for Sharing and Collaboration.
For the Skype for Business Quick Start Guide on how to place a video call, please view the Skype for Business Quick Start Guide for Video.