When the Walter E. Terhune Art Gallery closed on March 15, we have been eagerly awaiting the day we could safely reopen to the public. Our art gallery is a space where students, faculty, staff, and the community can engage in enriching experiences, cultivate professional networking opportunities, and enjoy artwork to escape when times feel uncertain. The Terhune Art Gallery wants to help with overcoming COVID-19 by serving the community as a place of refuge and a way to escape through art.
The Terhune Art Gallery Team has been working to create a reopening plan that prioritizes the health and safety of our guests. Our plan on resuming operations at the art gallery is consistent with best-practice standards in the environmental health and safety field and follows guidelines set forth by state and federal agencies of Governor DeWine’s Office.
What to Expect
When you come back to the art gallery it will look a little different. Before you arrive, please know that:
- The art gallery hours will be by appointment only.
- Face coverings are required.
- See more information under Face Coverings at Terhune Art Gallery.
While you are at the art gallery expect to see:
- The Terhune Team cleaning and disinfecting hightouch surfaces such as door handles and counters.
- The Terhune Team wearing face coverings.
- Floor markers and other reminders to help maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
Terhune Art Gallery Cleaning Procedures
Along with social distancing, wearing face coverings, frequent handwashing, and health screenings when entering the art gallery, the Terhune Team and the Owens Community College Facilities and Operations Team have strict cleaning and disinfecting procedures for the art gallery and the Center for Fine and Performing Arts. When you visit the Terhune Art Gallery you will see the Terhune Team frequently cleaning high-touch areas and surfaces such as:
- Door Handles
- Exhibit Areas
- Seating Areas
- Hand Sanitizer Stations
The Owens Community College Facilities and Operations Team will perform a deep clean of the Center for Fine and Performing Arts and the Terhune Art Gallery during the evening hours.
Appointment-Only Art Gallery Hours
To allow for more time to disinfect the art gallery, to minimize occupancy in a smaller space, and to have personal tours with the artists or the Art Gallery Director we have decided to make our hours appointment only. When scheduling an appointment with the art gallery please note:
- Appointments must be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours ahead of time. An appointment can be scheduled earlier than this.
- Each appointment will be separated and not combined with other appointments or groups.
- For a group appointment, a maximum of 10 people can be in the group.
- If you would like a tour, please request this when you contact us.
- For faculty bringing in a class, a maximum of 10 students can be in the art gallery at once.
- To schedule an appointment, please contact email@example.com or call (567) 661-7956.
Face Coverings at Terhune Art Gallery
The health and safety of our guests and staff has been our top priority in every decision we have in reopening the Terhune Art Gallery.
We have been following developments at both the state and local level closely and effective Thursday, July 23 guests to the Walter E. Terhune Art Gallery are required to wear a face covering when inside the Owens Community College Center for Fine and Performing Arts and the art gallery. We will continue practicing physical distancing and other necessary measures that ensure the health and safety of our community.
The only exceptions to this policy are:
- For children age 10 and under
- For individuals who have trouble breathing or are unable to remove the face covering without assistance
- When communication is necessary between a deaf or hard of hearing person and another individual
The Terhune Art Gallery will provide free, disposable face coverings to guests who arrive at the art gallery without one.
The COVID-19 situation is ever changing and the Walter E. Terhune Art Gallery will continue to monitor guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Ohio Department of Health, and Governor DeWine’s Office with regard to the art gallery’s operating procedures.
Virtual Opening Receptions and Tours at Terhune Art Gallery
We understand that different circumstances prevent guests from visiting the art gallery so we have decided to make all of our opening receptions and exhibitions virtual. Guests will be able to visit our website or other social media platforms to see a “Live” opening reception with an artist talk, videos of artist interviews, and a full virtual tour of current and past exhibitions.
Follow us on:
Questions? Contact Terhune Art Gallery
With the changes taking place at the Terhune Art Gallery you may have questions about your upcoming visit. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (567) 661-7956 and a member of the Terhune Team will be happy to assist you.