- Students must be enrolled in one of the following programs in the Department of Fine and Performing Arts:
- Broadcast Media Technology (BMT)
- Music Business Technology (MBT)
- Commercial Photography (PHO) or
- Commercial Graphic Design (CRT)
- Students must complete three semesters of course work in the technical major prior to scheduling an FPA Department Internship course. Any exceptions must be approved by the FPA Department Chair and the Faculty Mentor.
- Students must be approved for enrollment in an internship by the Department Chair, which begins with the completion of the departmental review for the program in which they are enrolled. The departmental review must be submitted between week 8 and 9 of the semester prior to registering for the Internship. An unofficial transcript should also be included with this form. All courses listed must be completed prior to registering for the internship. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the overall technical courses attempted. Any exceptions must be approved by the FPA Department Chair.
Finding an Internship Position
Once a student has been approved for an internship through the departmental review, they should:
- Ask the Internship Coordinator for the current list of potential offerings.
- Communicate three internship location preferences to the Internship Coordinator, who will confirm the availability of the requested location(s).
- Connect with prospective Internship "Employer" for an in-person interview.
- When approved, register for the Internship class.