Incentives of the Program
- Small, interactive core Honors Courses and meaningful student/faculty interaction in courses designated as Honors Option Courses.
- Individualized academic and career advisement from a faculty mentor focused on student success.
- Enriching out-of-classroom activities.
- Campus leadership roles and eligibility for membership in a national honor society: Phi Theta Kappa.
- Participation in the annual Honors Symposium held each spring.
- Honors designation on degree and transcript.
- Recognition as Honors graduate at Commencement with the presentation of the Owens Honors Program Medallion.
- Enhanced preparation for entering baccalaureate and advanced programs.
- Eligibility for scholarships at four-year institutions.