This website is no longer being updated and is available for archive purposes only. Please visit our new site at
Student in the Library, Graduating Students, Students in the Classroom

Admission to Owens

Obtain your passport to the fastest growing College in the nation and Northwest Ohio's #1 choice in higher education. Begin by mapping out your admission to Owens Community College, follow the checklist below and submit all required documentation to the address below:

Owens Community College
30335 Oregon Rd
P.O. Box 10,000
Toledo, OH 43699-1947

  • International Student Application
  • International Student Data Sheet
  • Affidavit Of Sponsor Providing Free Room And Board (PDF)
  • Proof of English Proficiency
    F-1 students must provide evidence of English proficiency by submitting test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other recognized English proficiency test. A minimum score of 500 is required on the written TOEFL, 173 on the computer based TOEFL or a 61 on the Internet based TOEFL. If a different English proficiency test is submitted, students must have the minimum passing score for the specific examination; college English transfer credit also may be considered as proof of English proficiency.

    An application for taking the TOEFL can be obtained from bi-national agencies, U.S.I.S. Offices or by applying directly to Educational Testing Services, Princeton, New Jersey 08450. For inquires about TOEFL, call (609) 771-7700, Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time. TTY number, (609) 771-7714 (for hearing impaired only). If you are ordering study materials and are calling from the United States, Canada, American Samoa, Guam, U.S. Virgin Island or Puerto Rico, call 1-800-446-3319 or to schedule an appointment to test call 1-800-GO-TOEFL (1-800-468-6335). If you are calling from outside these areas, call (609) 771-7243. You also can visit the TOEFL website at or email

    International Students in the USA who do not meet the TOEFL requirement may qualify for other options.
  • Proof of Adequate Financial Support
    It is estimated that an International student will need a minimum of $17,000 per year for tuition and living expenses while attending Owens. Adequate funding for your education and living expenses in the U.S. is a critical factor in successfully obtaining your student visa. You are required to submit official financial documentation and an official letter(s) verifying that these funds will be available to you for the duration of your education and stay in this country.
    Financial Certification Form
  • Transcripts
    All official high school and college or university transcripts are required. All academic documents submitted to the college must be translated into the English language. You may refer to these links for translation and credential evaluation of your College or University transcripts: and
    • NOTE: Transfer students are required to submit additional documentation (Transfer Clearance Form, Visa/I-94, Passport and or Current I-20). Transfer students must complete the admission and transfer process 15 days before their desired semester start date.

After submitting all admission documentation, prospective students should make an appointment to meet with the international student administrator (if distance permits so). At this time students will be able to confirm their admission status and determine if an I-20 can be issued.

NOTE: Students arriving from abroad are required to report to the Office of International Student Services as soon as possible upon their arrival to Toledo.

Visit Campus pictureOnline Classes picture