Information for Faculty and Staff
How to help a student or employee who has been sexually assaulted:
- Contact the Title IX Office at (567) 661-7159 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns, or to report.
- Please keep in mind that someone who has been sexually assaulted or raped may not use those specific words when describing what happened.
- Listen to what the individual is telling you. Sometimes assault victims need to talk about what happened, and may be overwhelmed by any questions. Be careful not to interrogate the individual.
- Do not blame the victim or use any language that may sound judgmental or suggest that it is the victim’s fault.
- Be sensitive and understanding that the individual is in distress and most likely dealing with a wide array of overwhelming feelings (i.e. anger, sadness, shame, guilt).
- Employee Expectations -- Ohio law requires that all employees with knowledge of a felony report it to law enforcement. All college personnel shall report conduct prohibited by the College’s Anti-Discrimination and Harassment Policy and the Title IX/Sexual Misconduct procedure to the Title IX coordinator or other Responsible Employee (Director of Student Life and Title IX, Officers within the Department of Public Safety, Vice Presidents, Deans, Chairs, Directors, Department Heads, Academic Advisors, Career and Transfer Advisors, Oserve Advocates, admissions staff, human resources staff, student organization advisors, and athletic coaches).
- The student or employee is not required to file a report with the Department of Public Safety, local law enforcement, or to pursue disciplinary action against the other party. Despite having the information shared with the Title IX coordinator, the student or employee is not obligated to pursue criminal charges or an internal investigation.
- Please inform the student or employee of the available resources:
- For Students:
Bicentennial Hall 172
- For Employees:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Go to Intranet -- “Human Resources” -- “Benefits”
(800) 854-1446 or (800) 999-3004 TTY/TDD
- For Students and Employees:
YWCA Confidential Advocate