Reporting a Sexual Offense
Any person who believes they have been victim of sexual misconduct is strongly encouraged to seek relief by reporting the complaint through any of the following reporting or alternative options. Third party witnesses are also strongly encouraged to utilize any of the following options. In response to a report of sexual misconduct, the College will make every effort to protect the privacy of all parties involved. Information relation to the report of sexual misconduct will be shared only as required by law or under College policy.
- Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Procedures and Guidelines
- Department of Public Safety
- Owens Student Code of Conduct
How to Report a Potential Violation
View the Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Procedures and Guidelines Flowchart for details on how to report a potential violation.
Actions reported through the College complaint process will be reviewed to identify violations of Anti-discrimination and Harassment Policy and the associated sexual misconduct procedure as well as potential violations of other College policies and procedures (Student Code of Conduct, Workplace Violence, etc.). The College will not delay its investigation pending the outcome of any criminal investigation. Students and employees may initiate a College complaint with or without pursuing criminal charges.
To Initiate a College Complaint:
- Complete and submit an online Incident Reporting Form, available 24/7 on the Owens website under the A-Z List OR
- Email the Title IX Office at email@example.com
- Report to a designated Responsible Employee:
- Director of Student Life and Title IX: College Hall, RM 158 -- (567) 661-7970
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Education Center, 112 Q-Findlay Campus -- (567) 429-3029
- Officers within the Department of Public Safety: (567) 661-7575
- Any Vice President, Associate Vice President, Deans, Chairs, Directors, Department Heads, Student Organization Advisors, and Athletic Coaches
Actions reported in a criminal complaint process will be reviewed to identify violations of the Ohio Revised Code and follow the process of the applicable jurisdiction with regard to determination and investigation of criminal charges. Note: Reporting to law enforcement does not require that criminal charges be pursued.
To Initiate a Criminal Complaint:
- Call 9-1-1
- Call Owens CC Department of Public Safety
- (567) 661-7575 (Toledo Campus/Downtown campus)
- (567) 429-3586 (Findlay Campus)
Note: If the incident did not occur on College-controlled property or at College-sponsored event, report to local law enforcement.
Confidential Reporting Option
Incident Reporting Form:
Victims or bystanders can report violations of the College's Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Procedures and Guidelines confidentially using the Incident Reporting Form. To report confidentially using this form, do not include or report any identifying information. Such reports can be helpful in initiating remedial measures for the campus community at-large even in the absence of sufficient information for an investigation.
Victims or bystanders can report crimes confidentially using the online Silent Witness form. Such reports can be helpful in initiating remedial measures for the campus community at-large even in the absence of sufficient information for an investigation.