Toledo-area Campus, (567) 661-2275
When is Jumpstart?
Monday – Thursday
July 23 – August 17, 2018
9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (times may vary)
What is Jumpstart?
Jumpstart is an opportunity for students to build confidence, strengthen academic, social and professional skills and make a successful start at Owens Community College.
- Jumpstart is a 4-week summer program where students are introduced to college life and on and off campus and community resources
- Jumpstart students are supported by faculty, staff and student mentors to assist them during their first year at Owens
- Jumpstart students participate in academic, career and socialization activities that prepare them for life as an Owens college student
- Jumpstart programming is FREE to any first year student (limited capacity)
What are the benefits?
- Academic tutoring
- Personalized career assessment, job shadow experience and workplace preparation training
- Targeted intervention to improve placement test scores
- Ongoing support from student mentors throughout the first year of college and beyond
- Lunch and healthy snacks provided daily and help with transportation when necessary
- Entering the first year of college with a community of support in place
How to apply:
To be eligible, students must complete the application by Saturday, June 30, 2018:
- Complete the Jumpstart application and phone interview with program director
- Be officially registered as a new Owens student for Fall Semester 2018
- Be available Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. for all program dates
For more information contact: