Back to Tips for searching the Library Catalog
Using the L>LIMIT option
If you retrieve too many records to browse, choose the L>LIMIT option. Combine desired limits before pressing F> FIND. You can apply F> FIND up to four times during one search session.
You can limit by one or more of the following:
For assistance, ask any library staff.
- Language (e.g. French, Spanish, etc.)
- Material Type (e.g. Audiovisual, book only, etc.)
- Words in the author
- Words in the title
- Words in the subject
- Publisher (e.g. Harper & Row, etc.)
- Where the item is located (e.g. Reference, Stacks, Juvenile, etc.)
- Year of publication (e.g. 1994, after 1991, for years prior to 1990, backspace over the prompt and type.)