FAQs, Learning Center Downtown Toledo

How do I know if I'm ready to attend college?

Take the ACCUPLACER Placement Test at the Owens Community College Learning Center Downtown Toledo. It's free and will assess your skills. Get your scores immediately and an advisor will be able to match you to the appropriate classes.

Can I still enroll in classes even if I don't have a high school diploma?

You must have a GED, now called High School Equivalency (HSE), before enrolling. Financial aid eligibility depends on your ACCUPLACER Placement Test scores. For HSE completion information, please visit this website or call (567) 661-7160 or (567) 661-7161. Owens offers the HSE prep classes at several locations throughout Lucas County.

Is there transportation to the main campus?

Free Owens shuttle bus service is available to students from downtown Toledo. The bus stop is 421 N. Huron (City Grill Diner & Carry Outs) and at the Owens Community College Learning Center Downtown Toledo at 1301 Monroe Street & Washington Streets.