Faculty & Staff: Sign up to be in our Expert Guide.
Welcome to the Owens Community College Expert Guide!
The Office of Marketing and Communications has compiled an array of topics in which Owens Community College's faculty and staff are available to provide information and insight for media members. The College offers experts in financial aid, student enrollment, athletics, and academic assistance and support, as well as academic program areas and more.
Everyone listed has an interest in working with the news media and is available for interviews at your request. Please feel free to contact our office at (567) 661-7421 to arrange an interview. If you need information on a subject not listed, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our office will try to find an expert that accommodates your needs.
Normal office hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. After 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and on weekends, please contact Jared Meade at (567) 661-7421.
Faculty and staff, sign up now to be part of our expert guide!
- Shakespeare his culture and contemporaries
- Aesthetic Experiences for Toddlers
- Early Literacy for Infants
- Child Development and Parenting Concerns
- Current Issues in Early Childhood Education
- Cultural Geography
- Coal Mining
- Great Plains
- Great Lakes
- Baseball (historic and present day)
- Sports Geography: Regional rivalries, College sports, etc.
- Regional Foods
- Language and Dialects
- What is the Best Environment for Free Speech?
- Individuality Liberty in Great American Speeches
- The Religious Expression of the Gettysburg Address
- Supreme Court Rulings and Free Speech
- Health and Wellness
- U.S. National Politics
- International Relations
- Motivating Employees
- Medical Imaging
- Motivation (general)
Expert Guide, continued
- Ayn Rand (Freedom and Capitalism)
- Personal finance (Investing)
Janet Meacham (Alumni Board)
- Protecting your identity
- Financial education
- Race Relations
- Gender Issues
- Labor Issues
- Communicating with Millennials
- Physics: Mechanics, fluids, gas laws, heat and thermodynamics, wave properties, electromagnetic and electronic principals, and light with emphasis on applications. This includes measurement techniques.
- Mathematics: Number system fundamentals through calculus. This includes uncertainty analysis.
- Issues pertaining to the Criminal Justice System
- Law Enforcement-related Topics (includes Patrol function to Detective to Chief of Police)
- Computing Technologies
- Computer Programming
- Improving Student Completion