Twelve Owens Community College student-athletes have received Academic
All-Conference Honors by the Ohio Community College Athletic Conference
(OCCAC) for the 2001-2002 academic year.
Student-athletes must achieve at least a 3.3 grade point average to be
eligible for the Academic All-Conference Honors.
"We are very proud of all our Owens Express student-athletes who have worked very hard this past year in the classrooms and during
intercollegiate athletic competition," said Michael Rickard, Owens Express Athletic Director. "Their dedication and commitment is displayed in another year of successful athletic seasons."
Owens has been a member of the OCCAC for 16 years. The nine other members
of the conference are Clark State Community College, Cincinnati State
Community College, Columbus State Community College, Cuyahoga Community
College, Edison State Community College, Lakeland Community College,
Sinclair Community College, Southern State Community College and Terra
State Community College.
Student-athletes receiving Academic All-Conference include the following:
Owens Community College is the fastest-growing community college of its
size in the nation. On the Toledo-area and Findlay-area campuses, Owens
serves more than 37,000 credit and non-credit students making it the
number one choice for new college students in Northwest Ohio. Owens is
committed to providing small classes, personal attention and unmatched
affordability. Owens Community College offers over 140 program areas in
Agriculture, Business, Health, Public Service, Skilled Trades, Industrial
and Engineering Technologies. Owens students also can earn the first two
years of a bachelor's degree with a smooth transfer to any area four-year
college or university.
- Sadie Albon of Holland, a Springfield High School graduate (Women's
Basketball) with a 3.48 grade
- Ashley Brough of Genoa, an Eastwood High School graduate (Volleyball)
with a 3.62 grade point
- Janelle Dangler of Elmore, a Woodmore High School graduate (Softball)
with a 3.71 grade point
- Kelli Klein of Holland, a Springfield High School graduate (Volleyball)
with a 3.59 grade point
- Bob McDonald of Toledo, a Cardinal Stritch High School graduate (Men's
Basketball) with a 3.30
grade point average.
- Cindy Missler of Toledo, a Start High School graduate (Volleyball) with
3.90 grade point average.
- Nick Morris of Lima, a Lima Senior High School graduate (Baseball) with
3.65 grade point average.
- Heather Post of Toledo, a Sylvania Northview High School graduate
(Softball) with a 3.90 grade
- Stacy Smith of Pandora, a Pandora-Gilboa High School graduate
(Volleyball) with a 3.37 grade point
- Christa Strube of Monroe, Michigan, a Jefferson High School graduate
(Women's Basketball) with a
3.30 grade point average.
- Brandi Winrow of Brownstown, Michigan, a Carlson High School graduate
(Women's Basketball and
Softball) with a 3.47 grade point average.
- Jodi Young of Toledo, a Start High School graduate (Volleyball) with a
3.32 grade point average.