Post-Secondary Options Program
For Fall 2013: July 19, 2013
For Spring 2014: December 13, 2013
Enroll in College Classes Now!
Enrolling in Post-Secondary Option courses now may provide students both high school and college credit. College credit that is awarded may be used at Owens Community College or for transfer to a college or university of choice after high school graduation.
POST-SECONDARY ENROLLMENT OPTIONS (PSO)
Under Ohio's Post-Secondary Enrollment you may enroll in classes on the Toledo-area or Findlay-area campuses or take selected Post-Secondary Enrollment Options classes at a home high school.
YOU HAVE TWO CHOICES:
Option A – Enroll for college credit only and be responsible for tuition, fees and books.
Option B – Enroll for high school and college credit and the tuition, fees and book expenses are paid for by the state and your home school. You would be responsible for all course expenses beyond text and workbooks.
Textbooks are the property of the College. You may purchase books if you plan to keep them.
Get started by contacting us.
1-800-GO-OWENS, Ext. 2624
1-800-GO-OWENS, Ext. 3509
- Applicants must complete the eighth grade.
- Applicants must submit the parent signature form and official high school transcripts to Owens along with the application and the high school information form.
- Applicants must receive passing scores on the Owens placement test for recommendation into college-level classes. Applicants may waive the placement test if they have achieved the following or better on the ACT. For the ACT: Reading (21), English (18) or Math (22).
- You cannot enroll in a specific college course if you took high school courses in the same subject area as that college course and failed to achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- You must achieve an overall GPA of a 2.0 or higher in semester coursework at Owens to enroll in sequential semesters. You may re-apply to the program by submitting a new high school information form and meeting with an Owens PSO advisor.
- The registration deadline for Post-Secondary students for Fall 2013 is July 19, 2013 and the deadline for Spring Semester 2014 is December 13, 2013. Once registered, PSO students must get permission from their high school to add or drop classes.
- Applicants agree to abide by all the policies and procedures of Owens as well as any specific to this program. Students are required to participate in Post-Secondary Enrollment Options program attendance reporting and academic progress reporting programs. Students and their parents or guardian are required to participate in special college orientation programs.
Admission to the program does not ensure acceptance into a specific program of study. Students with exceptional circumstances or special needs whose GPA do not meet admissions standards may apply for special consideration with a letter of support from a high school principal or guidance counselor. These students, and their parents or guardian, are required to meet with an Enrollment Services Advisor prior to registration. Continued enrollment in the program is based on the successful completion of course work.
HOW TO APPLY & REGISTER
- Complete and submit the online PSO application.
- Meet with your high school guidance counselor to complete the High School Information Form.
- Complete and sign the Parent Signature Form.
- Mail the High School Information Form, Parent Signature Form, and official high school transcript to:
Owens Community College
Attn: Records Office
P.O. Box 10,000
Toledo, OH 43699-1947
- Take a placement test provided at Owens or have scores on the ACT that waive the placement test. Please call (567) 661-8378 for an appointment.
- Upon acceptance, make an appointment for academic advising and registration. Contact the Student Development Office on the campus you plan to attend.
Toledo (567) 661-2624,
Findlay (567) 429-3509.