Requirements to Receive an Associate Degree
According to college policy a student is eligible to become a candidate for an Associate Degree when the student has completed all necessary requirements. Students should submit the graduation petition for the term in which all degree requirements will be completed.
What happens after I submit my graduation petition?
Once the graduation petition is submitted, the Records Office will review your initial degree evaluation.
If the graduation petition is approved:
- You will receive a series of letters throughout the semester containing important graduation and commencement information.
- Commencement events and information will be updated on the Owens website, on Ozone, and communications will be sent to your student email account.
Approval of the graduation petition does not determine that you will be awarded the degree. At the end of the semester when final grades have been submitted, the Records Office will review the final degree evaluation. You must have successfully completed all degree and graduation requirements.
- Students that have been issued an "NGR" or Incomplete (I) grade must complete their course requirements successfully and meet all the graduation requirements prior to the first day of the following semester. Otherwise the graduation petition will be denied.
If the graduation petition is denied:
- You will receive a letter outlining in detail your missing requirements
- For questions regarding a denied petition, you can contact your academic advisor or email email@example.com
- If you are unable to resolve the missing requirements, you must submit a graduation petition for a future semester and pay the appropriate fee.
All students should verify that their mailing address is correct. You can do this on Ozone by:
- Log into your Ozone account
- Under Student Quick Links (left column), select Address Change
- Your current mailing address and phone number will display. If incorrect, please click the UPDATE link shown next to your permanent address.
For questions regarding the status of your petition or requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the commencement ceremony, please email email@example.com.