Payment FAQ

Web Credit Card and WebCheck Payment

Effective December 1, 2015, a 2.75% service fee will apply to all payments made by credit card for Owens Community College tuition, fees and other student account charges. These changes are being made to more fairly distribute the high cost of credit card acceptance that the College incurs. With the implementation of the service fee, only those who pay by credit card will assume the cost of the fee.

Credit card payments are processed through Ozone: Visa, MasterCard, and Discover will be accepted. You can avoid paying the 2.75% service fee by paying online with an e-check (ACH bank transfer from checking or savings account). Payments by cash, check or money order may be made through the secure payment drop boxes located in College Hall near room 144 (Toledo) or outside of the Advising and Oserve offices (Findlay).

What is a service fee?
Organizations that accept credit cards as a method of payment are charged an "interchange fee" by credit card providers. This is separate from any interest or finance charges that cardholders pay when carrying a balance on the card. The service fee will cover only the amount of credit card interchange fees assessed by credit card companies and will go to the credit processing entity.

What credit cards does Owens Community College accept?
The College accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. If you need help paying with a credit card on Ozone, please contact Oserve at (567) 661-7378 or visit the Oserve office.

Why is the service fee 2.75%? How was it established?
The service fee covers the credit card transaction fees assessed by credit card companies and is established by the credit card processing companies.

Do other higher education institutions charge a service fee?
Yes. Many college and universities across the country have implemented a service fee structure.

Is there any way I can avoid paying a service fee?
You can avoid the service fee by paying on Ozone with an e-check (bank transfer from your checking or savings account).

Payments by cash, check, or money order can be made through the Toledo or Findlay payment drop box and are not subject to a service fee. Payments can also be mailed to:

  • Owens Community College
  • c/o Student Accounts
  • P.O. Box 10,000
  • Toledo, OH 43699

May I pay educational expenses that appear on my student account with a debit card?
Yes. You may pay with a MasterCard, Visa, or Discover debit card. Because credit and debit transactions are processed together, debit card transactions will be assessed a service fee.

Often I receive checks from my credit card company. Can I use the routing number and account number on these checks to make an e-check payment?
No. The credit card company will not honor these checks when used electronically. The payment will be returned as "account not found." You may use these checks in person only.

What if I receive a refund for my tuition or other fees?
The service fee is not refundable even if the payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited or charged back.

How will the service fee that I am charged show up on my student account bill?
On your credit card statement, you will see two transactions -- one for the student account payment and one for the service fee.

Contact Oserve for assistance with tuition, payment plans, or financial aid.