Campus Activities Board (CAB) Application
The Campus Activities Board is a student run organization dedicated to enhancing campus life for
the Owens Community College student body through social, recreational, educational, and cultural programs.
CAB hosts many events throughout the academic year, such as Fall Fest, Spring Fling, Lunchtime Speaker Series, service projects, and much more!
CAB Member Duties:
- Actively participates in all CAB trainings
- Nurtures and promotes a team atmosphere
- Is highly motivated and energetic and excels at meeting new people and making them feel comfortable and accepted
- Is eager for new challenges and able to learn new things and apply them quickly
- Represents OCC and the Student Activities Office professionally and in the best light for all students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintains appropriate attitudes, professional actions and language during all CAB events and programs
- Provides motivation for both students and fellow CAB members during programs and events and down time
- Evaluates programs and events with fellow CAB members to identify areas that need change and provide ideas for future programs and events
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate an understanding of the purpose and goals of CAB
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Must have good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher during the semester prior. New students must have a 2.0 or higher at the end of their first semester.
- Must be able to attend the training sessions. Training session dates are TBD.
- Must be able to work at the majority of the programs and events
- Preference is given to those who have demonstrated leadership ability, the ability to work with students, peer groups, faculty and administration
- Applications are due via online submission to the Student Activities Office by 5 p.m. Friday, April 4, 2014.
- Candidates will be contacted via e-mail by 5 p.m. Friday, April 18 with a decision.
- A current resume MUST be attached to the application.
Fill out and submit the CAB Application.