Below is a description for each Student Government position. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
- President: The President shall serve as the primary spokesperson for the representative of the Owens Community College Student Government and the student body. He or she will chair Student Government meetings and be primarily responsible for all Owens Community College Student Government directives. The president will make sure that there is proper student representation on college committees. The president will maintain professional relationships with the administration and the faculty, as well as to work to establish relationships with Student Governments at other colleges in Ohio. The president will have the power to call emergency meetings of the Student Government with adequate notice and to delegate authority. The president will only have voting power in the event of a tie. (PRESIDENT/VICE PRESIDENT RUN TOGETHER ON THE BALLOT)
- Vice President: The Vice President shall fulfill the duties of the President in the absence of the president, assist the President in execution of his or her duties and become the President upon the resignation, death, removal, or incarceration of the President. The Vice President is also responsible for assuming the duties in those instances for all registered student clubs and organizations on campus. The Vice President will have one vote in unless assuming the role of the President.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall be the primary administrative staff person for the Owens Community College Student Government. He or she will be required to record minutes for all official Student Government meetings and maintain attendance at all meetings. The Secretary will distribute an accurate copy of the constitution and its bylaws to each member of Student Government, keep records of all actions taken by members of the Student Government and keep the records updated. The Secretary will have one vote.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall be the chief financial officer for the Owens Community College Student Government. He or she will submit a financial update to the overall Student Government once a month and will be responsible for developing a budget for all Student Government programming initiatives. The Treasurer will make all deposits into the Student Government account through the Owens Community College business office and will work with the Student Government advisor to pay vendors in a timely fashion. The Treasurer will have one vote.
- Historian: The Historian is responsible for making sure that Student Government develops a strong historical foundation for the organization. He or she will record, photograph, and archive important records to develop this foundation. The Historian shall have one vote.
- Volunteer Coordinator: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for reaching out to the Owens Community (inside and outside of the college) to gather volunteers for events and Student Government happenings. The Volunteer Coordinator will have one vote.
- Non-Traditional Student Representative: The Non-Traditional student position must be a minimum of 27 years old. This person will be responsible for focusing on concerns regarding non-traditional students as well as upholding the same responsibilities as an At-Large Representative.
- Toledo Campus At-Large Representative: These 20 positions will be general representatives for the Toledo campus and will bring Toledo campus concerns to the Student Government. They will also be involved in various committees depending on the agenda Student Government sets up for the upcoming academic year. Each Toledo representative will have one vote.
- Findlay Campus At-Large Representative: These 5 positions will be general representatives for the Findlay campus and will bring Findlay campus concerns to the Student Government. They will also also be involved in various committees depending on the agenda Student Government sets up for the upcoming academic year.