Booking Terrace View Café for Special Events
Terrace View Café is available for functions whether open to the public or reserved solely for your special guests. The café is run by Owens Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management students when the College is in session. Booking requests are accepted within the timeframes outlined in the section Important Dates, which also has the notification dates. For information on bookings, please refer to the section Booking Terrace View Café at the bottom of this page.
All requests for a Terrace View Café booking are reviewed and matched to a culinary class best suited for the event's needs/specifics. Important factors in the matching process are the students' course objectives and class times. The culinary class offerings are limited during the Summer sessions with several sections of Techniques of Healthy Cooking, but the Fall and Spring sessions routinely schedule the following:
- American Regional Cuisine
- Baking and Pastry I
- Baking and Pastry II
- Baking and Pastry III
- Catering and Banquet Operations
- Garde Manger
- International Cuisine
- Quantity Food Preparation
For approved bookings, a meeting about 6 weeks prior to the event will be scheduled between the requestor, the chef instructor for the culinary class implementing the function, and the culinary operations manager.
- Terrace View Café will comfortably seat about 60 guests.
- For the perfect occasion, we work with the requestor on menu selection, dining room arrangement, linen colors, centerpieces, music genre, and other details.
- For requested events that are open to the public, we regretfully are unable to administer the following:
- A platform for speeches, presentations, etc., specific for a select group of guests.
- Music requests throughout the dining period for a select group of guests.
- For events in the Spring session, requests are accepted between September 1 and December 1. Notification will occur mid January.
- For events in the Summer session, requests are accepted between February 1 and May 1. Recommended period for events is mid June to mid July. Notification will occur before May 31.
- For events in the Fall session, requests are accepted between April 1 and July 1. Recommended period for events is late September to mid November. Notification will occur mid to late August.
Booking Terrace View Café
The Food, Nutrition, and Hospitality Department's Culinary Program welcomes the opportunity to plan and execute your event at Terrace View Café. Carryouts are also available. Please consider ordering a custom carryout platter for your meeting, party, or special event. Thank you for your consideration and show of support.