Testing Center Rules
- A valid Picture ID Required – Photo I.D. must have first & last name. Name must match the name on the test.
- COATS, JACKETS or SWEATERS that button or zip in the front are not permitted. If it zips, buttons up or opens in the front it must be placed in a locker. If you think you will be cold, please wear a sweatshirt or a sweater that does not zip or button up.
- HATS with brims or outerwear style must be removed and placed in a locker.
- Only items specified by your instructor will be allowed in the Testing Room. All other belongings must be placed in a locker located outside of the Testing Center. The following items are not permitted in the Testing Room:
- Food or beverages
- Cell phones, Pagers, iPods or Bluetooth headsets and other electronic devices are not allowed in the Testing Room. These items must be placed in a locker due to testing security issues. If you are caught with any of these items in the Testing Room, your exam will be considered ended. Cell phones must be placed on silent prior to being placed in the locker.
- Backpacks and briefcases
- Personal Computers
- USB flash drives
- Homework cannot be accepted by Testing Services. Make arrangements with your instructor.
- Going in and out of the Testing Room is not allowed. If you leave the room, you will have completed your test and it must be turned in to the Testing Center staff. Please use the restroom before you enter the Testing Room.
- Students requiring special arrangements, such as extensions and/or additional materials, must make those arrangements with the instructor. The instructor must indicate these materials when filling out the Testing Center request form.
- No exams are given beyond the specified date without VERBAL or WRITTEN permission from the INSTRUCTOR to the Testing Center staff.
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Room. If you have children, please make arrangements for their care while you take your exam.
- Students will only need to make an appointment when a computer is needed for their test or if they are taking a proficiency examination - everything else is on a walk-in basis. Due to FERPA regulations, all students must make their own appointments.
- Appointments for computer-based tests must be made with at least 2 hours advance notice.
- Please allow adequate time to check in and receive instructions for your exam (approximately 10 minutes).
- Come prepared and know the length of time allowed for your exam. Give yourself enough time to complete the exam prior to the Testing Center closing for the day. All tests will be collected at closing time, regardless of time remaining.
- Items left in the Testing Center will be given to the Department of Public Safety on both the Toledo and Findlay campuses.
If students need special arrangements they may contact Testing Services Toledo (567) 661-TEST (8378) or Testing Services Findlay (567) 429-3508 or Disability Services (567) 661-7007