Testing Center Rules
- A valid photo ID is required -- Photo ID must have first & last name.
- Student MUST know their class information, including the name of their instructor and course number.
- Only items specified by your instructor will be allowed in the Testing Room.
- All other belongings must be placed in a locker located outside of the Testing Center. The following items are not permitted in the Testing Room:
- Coats and jackets
- Hats with brims or outerwear style must be removed and placed in a locker
- Purses, backpacks and briefcases
- Food and beverages
- USB flash drives
- Personal computers, Cell phones, Pagers, iPods or Bluetooth headsets and other electronic devices are not allowed in the Testing Room. These items must be placed in a locker due to testing security issues. If you are caught with any of these items in the Testing Room, your exam will be considered ended. Cell phones must be placed on silent prior to being placed in the locker.
- Testing Center staff has final determination of what is allowed into the testing room.
- It is the student's responsibility to contact their instructor to discuss testing options and have a test placed in the Testing Center. Students requiring special arrangements, such as extensions and/or additional materials, must make those arrangements with the instructor. The instructor will indicate these materials when filling out the Testing Center Request Form.
- Students cannot bring their own scrap paper. Scrap paper will be provided by Testing Services. All scrap paper must be returned to Testing Services staff. Testing Services may also provide pens, pencils, and calculators (if allowed/available).
- Homework cannot be accepted by Testing Services. Please make arrangements with your instructor.
- No exams are given beyond the specified date without VERBAL or WRITTEN permission from the INSTRUCTOR to the Testing Services staff.
- Once a student begins an exam, they cannot leave the Testing Center and return to complete it at a later date/time.
- Children and/or guests are not allowed in the Testing Center. If you have children, please make arrangements for their care while you take your exam.
- It is strongly recommended that students make appointments for testing. Students will be allowed to test without an appointment as long as there is a seat available.
- Please allow adequate time to check in and receive instructions for your exam (approximately 10 minutes). Come prepared and know the length of time allowed for your exam. Give yourself enough time to complete the exam prior to the Testing Center closing for the day. All tests will be collected at closing time, regardless of time remaining.
- Items left in the Testing Center will be given to the Department of Public Safety on both the Toledo and Findlay campuses.
- Academic Misconduct of any kind will not be tolerated. If an act of Academic Misconduct is suspected, the instructor will be notified, and disciplinary actions may be taken.
Testing Services does its best to maintain the best possible conditions for testing. It is our goal to provide a quiet, distraction free testing experience in a comfortable environment. Please communicate with Testing Services staff if you have any concerns about the testing environment.
If students need special arrangements they may contact Testing Services Toledo (567) 661-TEST (8378) or Testing Services Findlay (567) 429-3508 or the Disability Resource Center (567) 661-7007