Now that you plan to transfer from Owens Community College to another college, planning ahead will save you both time and money. The change from Owens to another school may be a challenge and by preparing in advance, you’ll make the process and eventual transfer much more seamless.
Please contact us to answer any of your specific transfer questions.
Preparation for transfer begins the first semester at Owens. Meet with a transfer advisor to discuss possible course selections and transfer degree programs. Attend the on-campus transfer fairs. For more information, go to https://www.owens.edu/transfer/fair/. Below are more resources to assist you with the transfer process.
As a comprehensive community college, Owens works with baccalaureate granting colleges and universities to assist students to ensure the efficient and effective movement of students and courses among institutions. Owens has articulation agreements signed with many colleges and universities, but classes will also transfer to many other institutions.
Your responsibilities regarding transfer are to plan for a course of study to meet the requirements (both academic and non-academic) at the institution to which you will transfer. Delays in developing and following an appropriate plan or changes in plan (e.g. change in major) may reduce the eventual applicability of transfer credit to the degree program ultimately selected.
- Accreditation of the institution
- Articulation agreements between Owens and the various colleges, if available
- Curriculum guides of the various majors that are available to assist with course selection at Owens
- Course equivalencies which may be found on Transferology
- Financial Aid availability and information for the school you are planning to attend
- Contact information of the school you’re planning to transfer to
- University maps and directional information
- General information regarding the school, such as average class size, student and campus activities, and other items that may be of interest to you