Classes begin January 14!
The Certified Dietary Manager Non-Credit Training Program is intended for food service managers and supervisors who have at least three years of experience in non-commercial foodservice operations or kitchens.
The online training program includes courses in Nutrition with Medical Nutrition Therapy and Foodservice Management. Field experiences provide an opportunity for practice of key concepts (150 hours of field experience). Upon completion of the certificate, graduates are eligible to take the certification exam from the Certified Board of Dietary Managers (CBDM). The program lasts for two semesters.
Certified Dietary Managers are responsible for nutrition and menu planning, staffing, purchasing and preparation of meals. Areas of employment include:
- Long-term care facilities
- Assisted living centers
- Senior nutrition programs
- School nutrition programs
- Correctional facilities
- Other noncommercial settings
Other job titles include Food Service Managers, Food Service Supervisors, Dietary Manager, Kitchen Manager, Food and Nutrition Manager and School Meal Service Manager.
Accreditation is under review.
Individuals working in a foodservice supervisory role with a minimum of three years’ experience may elect to complete the Certified Dietary Manager Non-Credit Training Program.
In order to enroll, you must:
- Be currently employed (at least part time) as a food service employee in an institutional foodservice facility
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED certificate
- Be endorsed by the administrator of the facility and the registered dietitian who will act as your preceptor
- Have access to a computer and have your own personal email address that you check and read frequently
- Have a current ServSafe manager certificate. If you need ServSafe certification, please visit our training page.
The cost of the training program is $2,650. Books and exam fees are not included. Payment for 50 percent of class is due upon acceptance into program. The second half of the payment is due following completion of course one.
Contact us three business days prior to the class start date to receive a full refund. Cancellations made after this, or prior to the class starting, will receive full credit to be used toward another class (within 1 year). No refunds or credit will be issued for cancellations after the class has started.
Will your employer pay for your tuition? If so, ask them to complete this form.
Go here for information about paying for the program.
Questions about Cost?
Contact Brandi Smith at (567) 661-7357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the following forms and submit them to email@example.com.
Note: The below forms are included in one document found here.
- Certified Dietary Manager Application
- Non-Credit Student Application
- Administrator’s Endorsement
- Preceptor’s Endorsement
- Facility Information Sheet
- Confidentiality Statement
View the Student Handbook.
- Joann Gruner
- Food, Nutrition and Hospitality
- (567) 661-7214