Workforce and Community Services
OSHA 30-Hour Program for General Industry
[ Popular Programs and Services ] [ Meet our Corporate Training Team ]
[ Satisfied Clients ] [ Benefits ] [ Contact Us ] [ Post A Job Opening ]
Training Program Description
The course provides participants an opportunity to learn basic skills and knowledge about protecting the health and safety of personnel, locating and applying OSHA safety and health standards to the workplace, supplementing an ongoing safety and health program, identifying common violations of OSHA standards and proposing abatement actions, and proposing appropriate abatement procedures for selected safety hazards through illustrated lectures and small group activities.
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Locate and apply OSHA safety and health standards, policies and procedures.
- Utilize OSHA standards and regulations to supplement an on-going safety and health program.
- Identify common violations of OSHA standards and propose abatement actions.
- Describe appropriate abatement procedures for selected safety hazards.
- Conduct internal training on OSHA regulations.
- OSHAct and Intro to OSHA Regulations Whistleblower Act
- Introduction to OSHA Citations Penalties
- Hazard Communication
- Occupational Health Bloodborne Pathogens
- Walking and Working Surfaces
- Means of Egress
- Fire Protection
- Material Handling
- Hazardous Materials
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Effective Safety Programs
- Machine Guarding
- Handheld Portable Power Tools
- Welding and Cutting
- Electrical Safety
- Record Keeping
- Permit Confined Spaces
Required topics and time frames:
- Introduction to OSHA, OSHAct/General Duty Clause Employer Employee Rights & Responsibilities OSHA Standards, Inspections, Citations & Penalties Rights as a Whistleblower - 3 hour
- Walking and Working Surfaces- 1 hour
- Means of Egress and Fire Protection - 2 hour
- Hazardous Materials Flam. Comb. HAZWOPER - 3 hour
- Machine Guarding - 2 hour
- Electrical Safety - 2 hour
- Hazard Communication - 3 hour
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene - Bloodborne Pathogens Subpart Z -3 hours total
- OSHA Recordkeeping Reporting CFR 1904, Effective Safety & Health Programs - 2 hours total
- Materials Handling & Storage Subpart N -1.5 hour
- Personal Protective Equipment Subpart I - 2 hour
- Control of Hazardous Energy Lockout/tag out Subpart J - 1.5 hour
- Permit Required Confined Space Subpart J - 2 hour
- Hand & Portable Power Tools Subpart P Welding, Cutting, & Brazing Subpart Q - 2 hour
Start your success today by calling (567) 661-7319.